Hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful summer! As we get ready to begin, just a few reminders and some information before we start in August.
We look forward to working with you this year!
Basic information regarding important regarding dates, classes, student forms, and tuition/fees is shown below. We will also schedule a virtual Back to School Q & A session on Wednesday, August 5 at 6:30 pm to assist students and families in transitioning into the 2020-21 school year.
Please visit our website http://www.svgs.k12.va.us for additional information throughout the summer and year. I encourage you to check our website regularly, and also follow us on Facebook or Twitter to keep up with SVGS events, important information and the work of our students.
ORIENTATION and START DATES
Dates and times for SVGS new student orientation, important events, and information are as follows:
- New students will have orientation on Tuesday, August 11 & Wednesday, August 12 from 7:40 a.m. – 10:55 am. New students will go through their regular class schedule on A-B rotation with special activities to help them transition to learning and technology at SVGS. Homeroom begins in 7:40 a.m. and classes will end at regular time (10:55). Rotation days for orientation will be based on the student’s regular schedule.
- Returning students will begin on Thursday, August 13. Homeroom begins at 7:40 a.m.
COURSE REQUESTS AND SCHEDULES
Student course selections and invoice for tuition and fees for the 2020-2021 school year will be mailed to you by July 10.
Please check the course requests and invoice to be sure the classes listed are correct and contact me immediately if there is a mistake/change. Please be aware that ability to make changes will likely be limited due to space and capacity issues.
Class schedules are tentatively set to be available to students on July 20 through SVGS Infinite Campus. New students and parents will receive instructions for setting up their SVGS Infinite Campus account via email prior to that date. Returning students and parents should already have those accounts set-up.
There will be no schedule changes after July 24.
TUITION AND FEES
- Again, invoices for fees and dual enrollment tuition will be mailed by July 10.
- For your convenience, SVGS now allows on-line payments to be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. NOTE: There is a $3.50 service fee for each on-line transaction. This allows SVGS to recover some of the cost for providing this service.
- If you wish to avoid the service fee for credit card payments, cash and checks are still welcome. Please make checks payable to SVGS. Payment may be mailed to SVGS 49 Hornet Rd., Fishersville, VA 22939, may be made in person at SVGS anytime 8:00 – 4:00 beginning Monday, July 27, or may be sent with students during orientation or the first day of school.
- Tuition and fees for first semester (or half of the balance) are due August 30.
- Please click here for more information including assistance for students in financial need.
We apologize for the necessity for you to fill out many of these forms at both SVGS and your high school, but we also need the information. ALL forms must be submitted or returned to SVGS!
For your convenience, please click on each FORMS link below to complete forms on-line. Forms can also be printed and downloaded and copies are available at SVGS.
All forms should be submitted or returned by August 20.
To help us plan and best assist your student, please click here to complete a survey regarding transportation to and from SVGS by July 15.
Forms regarding driving, riding and parking are available on line will be emailed to you as needed based on your responses to this survey, are available for download on the school’s website, and are available in the school office. Forms should be returned directly to Mrs. Conner, the SVGS secretary. All driving forms should be submitted as a hard copy with a parent’s handwritten signature.
STUDENT DRIVERS: A parking permit is required for all SVGS student drivers. There are no parking permit fees for 2020-21, but student drivers are required to register their vehicle information, and display parking tags when on premises.