Hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful summer! As we get ready to begin, just a few reminders and some information before we start in August.
We look forward to working with you this year! Below is important information to help you get started.
ORIENTATION and BACK TO SCHOOL DATES
Dates and times for SVGS new student orientation, important events, and Back to School night are as follows:
- New students will have orientation on Monday, August 5 from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided.On Tuesday, August 6, new students will go through their regular class schedule. Homeroom begins in 7:38 a.m. and classes will end at regular time for students to return to their homeschool for afternoon classes.
- Returning students will begin on Wednesday, August 7. Homeroom begins at 7:38 a.m.
- Invoices for fees and dual enrollment tuition will be mailed by July 9. Please click here for more information. Contact us if you have questions regarding fees and tuition.
- All students need to complete SVGS forms. Please see below. We apologize for the necessity for you to fill out many of these forms at both SVGS and your high school, but we also need the information.
ALL forms must be submitted or returned to SVGS! For your convenience, please click on each FORMS link below to complete forms on-line. Forms can also be printed and downloaded and copies are available at SVGS.
Forms regarding driving, riding and parking are included. Driving rules will be reviewed with students during orientation. ALL DRIVING FORMS STILL REQUIRE A HARD COPY WITH A PARENT’S HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE.
Permission to Drive/Transport– if students are going to drive a car to school, complete the top two sections of the form COMPLETELY – that means complete car identification and license information. WRITE LEGIBLY! If students are going to transport passengers, their names must be at the bottom along with their parents’ signatures. If you are NEVER going to drive, PRINT YOUR NAME on the form and put a big “X” through the text.
Permission to Ride– if you are going to be a passenger in another student’s car, you must fill out this form completely. If you will NEVER ride with another student, please PRINT YOUR NAME on the form and put a big “X” through the text and return it.
Parking Permits– A parking permit from VCTC is required for all SVGS student drivers and must be taken care of in person. Augusta County students pay the entire fee at their high schools, who in turn share a portion of the fee with VCTC. To verify parking fees were paid at the high school, Augusta County students must purchase a tag at their high school first and then 1)show that parking tag to Mrs. Conner and 2)complete the driving/transport form above before being issued a parking tag for SVGS. All Staunton and Waynesboro students are required to pay $25. Checks should be written to “VCTC”. Please attach this check to the completed driving/transport form shown above.
For NEW STUDENTS: All forms need to be completed and returned to Mrs. Conner no later Wednesday, August 7.
For RETURNING STUDENTS: All forms need to be completed and returned to Mrs. Conner no later than Friday, August 9.
COURSE REQUESTS AND TUITION INVOICE
Your course selections and invoice for tuition and fees for the 2019-2020 school year will be mailed to you by July 9.
-Please check the invoice to be sure the classes listed are correct and contact me immediately if there is a mistake/change. There will be no schedule changes after July 20.
-Tuition and fees for first semester (or half of the balance) are due August 15.
- Please make checks payable to SVGS. *We are currently working to setup up our system to be able to accept credit card payments through Infinite Campus. This should be completed prior to August. More information will be coming regarding this option