Decisions for 2020-21 SVGS applicants will be mailed by each school division no later than April 5, 2020.
The deadline to submit SVGS applications for 2020-21 is February 20, 2020.
Links to on-line applications are shown below. To open an application file, you must click on the on-line application links below for the program to which you are applying.
*The science assessment will be scheduled at your school in early February. The science assessment consists of general scientific and quantitative reasoning not specific science knowledge.
* Teachers of art, music, drama, foreign language, social science or community arts instructors may complete the Arts/Humanities teacher recommendation.
NOTE: You may apply to both the Arts & Humanities program and Sciences program. You would need to complete a separate application for each. BE AWARE, if you are accepted to both, you will be offered admissions to the program in which you ranked the highest at the discretion of the school division.
The application will ask you to provide demographic information, overview of your extracurricular activities and contact information for your teachers from whom you are requesting recommendations, your counselor and principal. All portions of the application will be submitted online. A complete application consists of various components some of which have will be completed by your parents, teachers, counselor and principal.
- All applications must be submitted on-line.
- Please work with your counselor if technology access is an issue.
- Since notifications and requests for recommendations are sent electronically, it is essential to provide correct email and contact information. If you have questions or concerns regarding email information, please consult with your counselor.
- You may begin an application and return to finish. A link to access the application will be sent the student email address listed on the application. You must list an email for student email to save the application.
- You may print a copy of your application for your records.
Once we receive the student-submitted portions of your application, the steps of the application process are as follows:
- The student submits application.
- The student receives confirmation notice their application was received.
- Parents are notified of their student’s application and are requested to submit their approval electronically. A link to the student’s application will be sent to parent’s email provided.
- Teachers (chosen by students to submit recommendations) and the student’s counselor will receive forms via email. They will submit their recommendations electronically
- The student’s principal will receive notice of the student’s completed application and will verify the student is in good standing by submitting their electronic signature.
- The completed application is forwarded to school division personnel for consideration.
- ADMISSIONS DECISIONS AND ACCEPTANCE LETTERS for 2020-21 WILL BE MAILED EARLY APRIL 2020.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Whitesell, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-245-5088.